Redox CrossFit is a small community focused on the fundamentals of functional movement and living happier, healthier lives.
Redox is seeking skilled coaches. Compensation is commensurate with experience and role.
We are looking fo CrossFit Coaches ideally available to Coach 3 or more group classes per week. Pays $15 to $25 per hour depending on level of experience plus free gym membership.
Our facility also provides private training services and our group class coaches are encouraged to also offer private training if that is something they're interested in doing. Pay is a significant % of fee charged to client. Flexible schedule as gym space available most hours of the day for personal training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wear provided “Coach” attire as your outermost layer while on the clock
- Do not workout in your coach’s gear
- Address walk-ins in a timely fashion
- Acknowledge athletes as they come/go - be friendly! Thank them for coming in and tell them you’ll see them tomorrow or next time.
- PushPress & SugarWOD Software
- Maintain access to software. If you’re locked out notify the GM to get it reset
- Ensure all athletes have signed in to appropriate session
- If no athletes are checked-in PushPress will calculate coach pay as $0.
- Keep client notes up-to-date. Update injuries, restrictions, or issues in athlete profile
- Review workout notes and coaches notes prior to class and incorporate them into your plan as needed.
- Be present 15 minutes before and up to 15 minutes after class
- Spend this “shoulder” time:
- getting to know the athletes (Family, Occupation, Recreation, Dreams)
- reading PushPress profiles of unfamiliar athletes
- addressing mobility issues
- recapping/reinforcing topics from class
- praising performance, effort, positive changes made during class
- up-selling additional services as needed
- Availability changes for the following month are due to the GM by the second Friday of each month
- If you cannot cover a scheduled class, you are responsible for finding a suitable replacement and notifying the GM of schedule change ASAP
- Coach Scheduled Classes
- Follow provided programming found in SugarWOD
- Design your own warm-up centered around preparing athletes for the daily WOD
- Write provided workout and your warm up legibly on the whiteboard
- Explain the intention of the workout as we want our athletes to be educated
- Focus is on form and safety over intensity and poundage
- If someone is being unsafe and is unwilling to modify their behavior, ask them to leave. We will back you up.
- Leave class space clean and organized. Encourage athletes to clean up their individual spaces and equipment and help fellow athletes.
- Contribute / Foster the Community
- Celebrate the achievements of our athletes
- Encourage athletes to get to know one another
- Take photos and videos of athletes during classes and/or private training sessions
- Provide content to the GM or CDC for social media or website posting
- Maintain certifications and continuing education
- Maintain a minimum of a CF L1 certification
- Pursue additional specialty certifications such as Precision Nutrition, “OPEX Nourishment”
- All experienced coaches are encouraged to pursue the CF L2 certification
- Pursue additional specialty certifications
- Incremental pay raises are offered for additional certifications
- Perform self-directed continuing education on a weekly basis
- Attendance at all 1:1 and staff meetings is mandatory
- Absences need to be approved by leadership team in advance
- Staff Meetings
- Monthly group meeting to review gym operations
- Monthly coaches’ development meeting (every 3rd staff mtg)
- Have “nugget” from continuing education prepared to share
- We expect you to practice your craft and lead by example
- Attendance to group classes is encouraged
- If you wish to follow a separate program and workout outside of class, discuss goals and plans with the GM to make sure available times are identified and a clear plan is laid out
- Community Development / Events
- As a leader in the community, we expect you to participate in our gyms’ community events as well as be ambassadors within the larger fitness community. We encourage you to attend other gyms’ events as well as non-crossfit outfits.
- Attendance at all community events is not required, however, please make an effort to attend as many as possible. Continued absences are noticed by community members as well as other staff members.
- Closing Duties
- If you coach the last class of the day your are expected to follow the closing checklist and leave the gym clean and tidy for the start of the next day
- Reports to the Gym Manager
Standards of Care/Behavior
- Arrive on location for training sessions and ready for it 15 minutes before the scheduled time of any session. In the case of consecutive sessions we expect you to commence the session absolutely on time for the second session.
- Unless in case of emergencies no cell phone conversation, phone conservation, visit by friends or chitchats with third parties are allowed during a training session or around a client;
- All training plans/protocols should be laid out at least 15 minutes prior to a session
- Do not make public or private statements, remarks, gestures or engage in any form of behavior that may offend or antagonize anyone associated with Redox
- Keep the facilities and equipment clean after usage. This includes both coached session as well as your personal training session
- Maintain dress code: be clean kept, wearing provided “Coach” attire as outer most layer, clothes free from stains or holes
- All official communications with clients, other staff members, and the public at large through official Redox channels, including provided Redox email, TrueCoach, PushPress Grow, phone, and facebook.
- Informal weekly check-in w/ Head Coach
- Formal (sit-down) 30, 90, and 120 day reviews from date of hire
- Formal annual reviews for all coaches
- Pay per Class
- $15+ for CFL1 and inexperienced coaches
- $17+ for CFL2 and more experienced coaches
- $10 bump for coaching the last class of the day due to cleaning requirements
- Additional pay increases awarded for advanced certifications and time with the gym
- 44% of all fees charged for all private training sessions
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 - $45.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Anchorage, AK 99507: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Group fitness: 1 year (Preferred)
- Private Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR & AED Certification (Preferred)
- CrossFit Level 1 Certification (Preferred)