Champion City CrossFit is seeking a Part Time or Full Time coach in Springfield, OH located conveniently off I70. Our goal is to grow the Springfield community by utilizing effective, efficient, and fun fitness. We design programs to help athletes achieve their fitness goals inside and outside the box. As a part of CrossFit, athletes are guided, motivated, and coached every step of the way through unique and structured workouts.
We are currently looking for a professional and experienced coach, so we can continue to grow Champion City CrossFit and our offerings to members. The role of the Coach will be to exude the vision and mission of Champion City CrossFit which is creating a fun environment for athletes to achieve their fitness goals in a safe manner while respecting their community.
We are seeking a highly motivated, fitness enthusiast who will follow and respect our core values and coaching techniques.
The CrossFit Coach is responsible for the following:
- Guide athletes through daily workouts (WODs), while creating a fun and productive atmosphere for them to achieve their goals.
- Understand and demonstrate functional movements, understand and explain the CrossFit methodology, and have the necessary skills to scale and modify movements and/or workouts for any ability level and/or physical limitation that a member may have.
- Start and end class on time.
- Welcome any new members or prospects.
- Sign in and account for all athletes attending each class.
- Wear the proper coaching attire.
- Handle membership inquiries; provide information about our program and schedule intro sessions. Assist with sales of new memberships and merchandise.
- Teach additional programs such as endurance programs, strength clinics, etc. (Continued education encouraged.)
- Participate in community events that take place throughout the year.
- Provide athletes with health and fitness guidance on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives.
- Assist in keeping all the gym area and its equipment clean and organized. At Champion City CrossFit, our members' safety and happiness is of the utmost importance, followed closely by the achievement of their goals, as well as the camaraderie and community among members and staff. It will be up to you as the a Coach to lead by example and, on a daily basis, foster and strengthen the community we have created.
- Previous experience in functional movement patterns as well as in Olympic lifts.
- Willing to get an L1 CrossFit Coaches certificate
- Experience in various realms of the fitness industry.
Estimated Time Commitment:
- 10-40 hours/week depending on availability
- Coach/Owner meetings up to 2x/month
- Encouraged and challenged to assist development of new programs and services.
- Work on individual projects, and implement other initiatives under direction from the owners.
- Opportunities to earn more revenue through other programs, activities, or initiatives set forth by the owners.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, OH 45504: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Coaching/Training: 1 year (Required)
- Group fitness: 1 year (Preferred)
- Crossfit Certification (Preferred)