Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
CPR/AED Certification (Preferred)
Certified Personal Trainer & CrossFit Coach
The Cambridge Athletic Club (CAC) is currently looking to hire certified personal trainers to work at our four Cambridge/Kendall Sq locations, all within one mile of one another. We also are looking for CrossFit coaches for our Kendall Square CrossFit box. Ideally, this role will be a hybrid role that is primarily personal training with CrossFit as a supplementary role. This is the perfect opportunity for such a person as you build your schedule VERY fast with clients and classes. Descriptions of each role are below.
Certified Personal Trainer:
We strongly prefer all applicants possess an Exercise Science degree and/or a nationally recognized personal training certification. We are seeking a FULL-TIME personal trainer. We provide you with a ramp-up base salary of weekly shift hours plus PT Commission for clients trained.
Personal Training at C.A.C. demands a high level of customer service for our members, we surpass this standard through our Personal Training, Small Group Training, and Group Fitness Programs. Our trainers are key ambassadors for promoting the clubs and helping members set and obtain their fitness goals. Trainers must be able to work in a one-on-one setting as well as in small groups.
The focus of the CAC Personal Training program is client success through effective and innovative training methods, personalized attention to members' action plans, and building relationships with clients. Our clientele requires diverse personal training programs driven by:
- Sport-Specific Performance
- Injury Prevention & Rehabilitation
- Body Transformation
- Up to Date Scientific Methodology
Do you have the skills CAC needs?
- Self-Accountable and Self-Driven
- Team and goal-oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable, and friendly
- Passion for fitness
- Excellent time management
- Competitive pay rate based on performance criterium
- Medical benefits with vacation/sick time
- Flexible hours with the opportunity to create your own schedule
- Retirement Plan
- Educational reimbursement
Our program is founded on the academic principles of Exercise Science, Nutrition, and Sports Medicine. The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelors degree in Exercise Science or related field of study (i.e., Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Sports Management, etc.)
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Nationally Recognized Personal Training Certification (ACSM, NSCA, NASM, ACE, ISSA, AFAA, AAPT accepted)
- 2+ years of personal training experience in a fitness setting
Kendall Square CrossFit Coach:
We are looking for a part-time CrossFit coach (Level 1 certification or more than 1-year coaching experience is desired).
Coaching CF classes is a great opportunity to complement any Personal Trainer looking to build their resume and their income.
We are looking to hire a minimum of one to three hybrid employees over the next 6-8 months.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $50.00 per hour
We are following National, State, and City CDC recommendations within our facilities.
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Crossfit is an exercise class that utilizes powerlifting, gymnastics, Olympic lifting, and boot camp exercises to get you to your physical best.