Benchmark Fitness - home of Yellowhammer CrossFit is a small business in Bessemer, AL. Our goal is to help our clients reach their health and fitness goals in a fun, friendly, supportive environment. While providing our Coaches and staff an opportunity and resources to reach their own personal health, fitness, and financial goals. .
Our work environment includes:
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Wellness programs
- Flexible working hours
- Lively atmosphere
- Growth opportunities
Our team is looking for an experienced Crossfit Coach to work with our members and help them achieve their goals. We need someone who is knowledgeable in various fitness techniques and methods, as well as Crossfit training. Aptitude in nutrition is also important. We want to see an ability to work well with others and have the right attitude. You should be comfortable with making quick decisions and communicating regularly with our members. A commitment to Crossfit’s core values will be a must, since you’ll be a role model for our members. Ultimately, you should be able to lead our team of coaches in teaching basic and advanced skills to our members and help them meet their fitness goals and enjoy their time at the gym.
- Coach group classes -
- Provide strategy, support and motivation for group classes.
- Provide one-on-one coaching and/or Personal Training to participants
- Assist participants with signing up for classes, making payments and tracking progress.
- Conduct and record staff-led warm-up and cool-down sessions before and after classes to ensure safety.
- Adhere to all safety standards and ensure that the facility is well-maintained and clean.
- Establish daily goals for individuals and monitor their progress over time.
- Introduce programs to challenge participants at every level of fitness.
- Post to social media.
- Attend meetings.
- CrossFit Level 1 Certification or achieve L1 within 2 months of hiring.
- One year experience in coaching groups preferred.
- Educational background in Exercise Science, Nutrition, Fitness Management, Physical Therapy, or equivalent is a plus.
- CPR / AED Certification (preferred)
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- 4 hour shift
- Self-determined schedule
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bessemer, AL 35022: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- CrossFit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Crossfit Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Personal Trainer (Preferred)