Blue River CrossFit is seeking coaches who support our mission and can help us make it a reality: To provide a safe environment for people at all levels of fitness to pursue their training, health and wellness goals with a community of like-minded people focused on living an active lifestyle.
You care about people and display that caring in your interactions with people, regardless of their background. We have clients who compete regionally and we have clients who struggle to get into the gym a few times a week. Part of your job is build and maintain relationships with all of our members to help them feel they are part of a supportive community.
We believe in providing our full-time coaches with compensation and benefits that enable them to focus on the gym and our members. In order to be able to support a full-time position, we encourage you to build your own programs and work with nutrition and personal training clients and to help out with marketing and management duties.
- Effectively coach CrossFit classes for members with varying physical abilities and goals
- Provide positive feedback to members both in person and through the SugarWOD app
- Be available between classes and during open gym times to answer questions and interact with members
- Meet with clients for Intros, Goals Sessions, Personal Training and/or Nutrition Coaching
- Reach out to members who are not making it into the gym regularly
- Help create high quality social media and email content, including taking photos and videos and posting with appropriate tags
- General gym upkeep (between our regular dedicated cleanings): Vacuum, mop, organize and maintain equipment, wash and fold towels, re-stock products
- Respond to phone calls and inquiries through our website and text line
- Help create and host fun gym events
- Be on-site at promotional events in the community as needed
- Provide input on general gym-wide decisions and programming
$18 - $24 per hour depending on CF-LX level, personal training and nutrition certifications and coaching experience. Additional pay for personal training and nutrition coaching.
Full time or part time schedule, paid hourly. Full-time schedule will typically be at least 30 hours up to 40 per week. Full time candidates may need to start with a part time schedule. Only some hours will be spent coaching, others will be fulfilling other duties outlined above.
- Mostly fixed schedule (with some flexibility required)
- Employees working over 30 hours per week receive paid holidays when they fall on a weekday: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Employees working more than 30 hours per week accrue one day off with each 2 months worked to be used for vacation/sick time
- Paid professional development
- Additional pay for personal training and nutrition coaching
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match up to 3% of compensation
- Gym membership
- Employee discount on products of 25%