The North Texas SC Athletic Performance Coach will work under the Head Performance Coach to create and run a variety of training programs. The coach will be expected to bring enthusiasm to the North Texas SC team training sessions. This will be a great opportunity to train some of the best soccer players in the country under one of the best clubs in the country.
This is a full-time position with our North Texas SC team that will work mostly in the mornings, but candidates need to be available throughout the day and must be able to travel as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Execute training methodology under the guidance of Head of Performance.
- Lead the delivery of strength & conditioning training for players and team.
- Support the development and implementation of performance nutrition protocols and programming.
- Contribute to the achievement of strategic aims and objectives.
- Monitor and manage athletes during the season based on data analysis, regular screening, GPS Tracking/Analysis, and communicate with players, coaches, and staff.
- Contribute to a progressive performance framework to optimize player care.
- Administer team, group, and individual performance testing.
- Manage and organize team supplies and equipment for training.
- Ensure training facility is clean and orderly.
- Must be AED/CPR certified.
- Assist with other projects and/or tasks as needed.
- Passionate about improving the mental and physical well-being of athletes.
- Upbeat, proactive, and able to work under pressure while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player who is collaborative, organizational, communicative, and able to interact effectively with all types of athletes and coaches.
- Required to work long hours and a flexible schedule, including but not limited to days, nights, early mornings, weekends, and some holidays.
- 2+ years’ experience in training athletes through strength & conditioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field.
- A relevant certification in the field of performance training from one of the following organizations: NSCA, CSCCA, NASM, USAW. (A CSCS or SCCC is preferred).
- Must be available to travel with players, coaches, and team.
- Required to be fully vaccinated according to CDC guidelines.
- Knowledge in the field of human anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, and exercise science.
- Experience in working directly with athletes and providing a positive athlete experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and other Office applications.