Part- Time CrossFit Coach (flexible schedule)
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER AND/OR OWNERS
Candidates should demonstrate excellent CrossFit coaching, leadership and time management skills to effectively lead all CrossFit classes and specialty classes at CrossFit The Den with the support and guidance of the GM and owners. All coaches should be able to coach any level of athlete, from beginner to advanced and/or competitor level. Coaches should be charismatic, energetic, self-motivated and a strong team player. Coaches must have the ability to get along with all personality types in order to help the gym and the athletes reach their goals.
• Maintain positive and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Run CrossFit or specialty classes ranging from 2-25 people.
• Willing to coach approximately 5+ classes a week.
• Demonstrate proper form and technique
• Ensure classes are effective, safe and FUN!!
• Offer additional support to help athletes achieve their fitness goals.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with current athletes and convert potential
• Engage Crossfit The Den social media platforms and help participate in social media presence.
• Promote all internal programs and events
• Promote all internal special offers.
• Always promote our CrossFit The Den community and family atmosphere.
• Help maintain a spotless facility.
• Attempt to make all coaches meetings and our social events.
• Adhere to policies and procedures.
• Able to coach on Saturdays in a rotation with other coaches.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 1+ years of CrossFit or functional fitness training as an athlete.
• CrossFit Level 1certification. Preference will be given for additional qualifications such as
CrossFit Level 2, USAW Certification, other CrossFit course certifications and CPR
Certification, but is not required.
•High energy and charismatic (leave your problems at the door and give our members the best hour of their day no matter how you feel.)
• Ability to connect with athletes and build community.
• Ability to motivate and encourage others and implement new ideas.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to be on time to all meetings, events, and early to all classes coaching.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
• Preference will be given to applicants willing to coach a flexible schedule.
Salary range: $15.00 to $25.00 per class based on experience, certifications and performance reviews.
Benefits: Free unlimited membership and discounted membership for spouse.
CrossFit The Den is a premier CrossFit facility serving the Rogue Valley in Medford, Oregon since 2008. We lead by example from the top down with understanding, transparency and openness. Each coach is respectful and responsible for carrying their weight on the team. Our coaching staff has over 20 years of collective experience, so we understand how to take care of each person in relation to their needs and abilities. We recognize that our members are our life blood and without them, we would not be where we are today. We are family. We understand that each person is unique, so they are valued for their individual contributions. This community is amazing, and we are looking for someone who will be a perfect fit for our team.