We are looking to add 1 full-time coach to our world-class team. We are looking for people that first and foremost fit our culture, our vision, and our values. Our values are:
Professionalism - we believe in the profession of coaching. That includes being compensated like a professional and consistently owning your craft as a coach.
Service - we believe that the clients are the heroes of the story and we are the guides to their success. Their needs come first and foremost
Growth Minded - we don't subscribe to any particular dogma when it comes to coaching. We want team members who are constantly evolving and challenging their own held beliefs about how we can better serve clients.
Holistic - we believe that clients get their best results when we address all aspects of their health, not just fitness.
Team First - the organization can only succeed when everyone adopts a "team first" mentality versus a "me" mentality. You need to be a team player and see value in supporting your colleagues.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is humble, hard-working, great with people, and wants to be a part of a strong team. You see coaching as your "calling" and are excited to learn how to solve high level problems to get people to thriving.
Knowledge and experience is a plus, but likely not the determining factor. If you have been coaching CrossFit or Group Fitness or Personal Training for awhile and you are wondering how you can make this a long term career, then you may be a great fit for our organization. To learn more about District H Strength & Fitness, and the positions we are hiring for, read below.
About the position:
We are looking for coaches that can come in and coach 20-25 hours per week of small group functional fitness sessions and personal training.
We believe that the best way to make a career out of being a coach is through a combination of personal training, group classes, and taking on 1 or 2 roles outside of coaching like nutrition, and individual design. We are seeking an individual who aligns with our mission and core values and aspires to become a full-time trainer, whether they are ready now, or believe they can work their way towards this role in the coming years.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Certified Personal Trainer or CrossFit Level 1
- Team Player - Humble, Welcomes Feedback
- Understands and is driven by the District H mission and vision
- Understands and lives by the Core Values of District H
- Your role as a coach and a leader in our community must come before your own training.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Coach all scheduled group sessions and semi-private sessions.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly coach’s meetings and coach’s development sessions
- Be available to take on personal training clients and 1-on-1 fundamentals a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Never ending pursuit of coaching excellence via continued education, coach’s development sessions, and 1-on-1 coach’s evaluations.
- Additional Expectations:
- District H Strength & Fitness (and the role as a full-time coach) is a top priority in your life.
- Adhere to District H core values inside and outside of the gym (including social media)
- Push organization towards excellence each day
- Be an open source of communication. No gossip.
- Cover additional group sessions when needed (up to 3 per week)
- Fulfill all opening and/or closing duties
- Be on the floor and engaged with members at least 15 minutes before and after every class.
- Be fully prepared for class (lesson plan) prior to the 15 minutes before every class.
- Post regular gym/member updates to Slack
- Actively participate in all District H hosted coach’s development sessions and 1-on-1 coach’s development sessions
- Help stage, clean, and organize the gym before and after all classes
- Help set up, clean up, and run events such in-house competitions and parties.
- Continued education and never-ending pursuit of coaching excellence
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary and Income Potential: $40,000 - $80,000 (with the ability to make more after 24-36 months with us)
- Paid sick time and vacation time
- Coaching uniforms and District H apparel on a quarterly basis (free)
- 50% credit towards any approved continuing education that you want to pursue
- 401(k) with employer matching
About District H Strength & Fitness
District H Strength & Fitness is proud to be helping people in the Houston Heights community become the very best versions of themselves. Whether the goal is to maximize physical expression or reclaim physical freedom, our approach is client centric. They are the heroes of our story…we are guides.
Our core values include professionalism, empowerment, and growth in everything we do. We are constantly looking to get better at our craft and seeking new information to add value to the lives of the people we serve. The end goal is to empower our clients to adopt fitness in health in their life and seek autonomy in applying it in their lives. We are constantly evolving as a business and actively seek and apply new ideas that drive our mission forward.
Our mission is to be the catalyst for amazing change in our clients’ lives. We contribute to the world by making its inhabitants healthy, full of vitality, and empowered to make a difference with their unique abilities.
District H is a strength and conditioning facility that focuses on personalized fitness and health prescriptions that are backed in traditional strength training and functional fitness protocols.
We differentiate our services by developing a personalized plan for each individual, addressing their unique needs and goals. This can include small group sessions, personal training, individual design, and nutrition coaching.
Our professional coaches use movement, body composition, and fitness assessments to collect data that form the basis of each individual’s training program. We meet regularly with our clients to measure their progress, reassess goals and adjust their prescription accordingly.