In almost 15 years of running an affiliate, we still don't have it all figured out. What we do know:
- We love our community. 3Q Fitness is in a unique part of Downtown Garland that is growing fast and the people are incredible.
- Dallas, TX isn't the healthiest place. It's "weird" to want to move your body everyday and pass up on drinking sugary drinks or eating donuts at work. We like weird. We want our Tribe to champion a more health-focused lifestyle for our neighborhood.
- Functional movement is hard to beat. Competing is great. You know what's even more badass? Being 80yrs old and not needing anyone to help you up out of your chair, carry your groceries, or now your lawn. Let's be functional and effective movers for a long, long, long time.
- Coaches matter, a whole whole lot. You shouldn't have to coach 5 sessions a day and be burnt out. We have a team of coaches that love what they do because we love it when they're excited to come in to the gym. Our goal is to have a team of coaches that all contribute equally to our culture regardless of how many hours worked in the week. We want to help you grow in your journey as a coach, empower you to make the moves you want to make so you can impact our community effectively.
- Big believer in an effective workout playlist, but we can dig into that later.
- Leading group CrossFit classes (and/or Private Training). Providing our members with an outstanding high-quality coaching experience – one that you’d want for yourself or loved ones: safe, informative, and professional
- Fulfilling opening/closing gym responsibilities
- Participating and helping in the planning and executing community events, seminars, and workshops
- Providing effective communication and social media interaction that aligns with our team values and vision
- Attending coaching team meetings and assisting with keeping gym neat and clean
You will excel in this position if you are flexible and have a passion for interacting with people, have adopted health and fitness as a way of life and serve as a role model for living a fit lifestyle, and enjoy continuous learning and new challenges. The following skill sets will be needed to thrive in this position:
Coaching – Command of room, fun, inspiring, humble, detail oriented, technical exercise knowledge, basic workout program design knowledge.
Communication – Listening, clear and concise, friendly, confident, open minded, respectful.
Member Service – Well-kept appearance, organized, assertive, caring, detail-oriented, empathetic, people-oriented, problem-solver, self-controlled, innovative, and self-motivated.
For those who want to expand this coaching opportunity into something bigger:
Business – Critical thinker, analytical, hungry for personal growth, ability to set priorities, troubleshooter, computer knowledge (Excel, Word, Facebook, email), understands and believes in our core values, must abide by our policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Compensation & Benefits
We provide an inspiring, fun work environment and expect you to add to the depth and spirit of the team. The opportunity includes:
- Hourly Compensation – PT ($20 to $35/class) or Salary Compensation - FT ($36k to 60k+/year)
- Revenue share for Personal Training and Skill Sessions.
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Unlimited Membership to 3Q Fitness CrossFit Garland
- Liability Insurance Coverage
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (preferably in related field, but experience can override).
- CrossFit Level 1 (L2 preferred or desire to obtain upon hire)
- CrossFit Garland Professional Coach Development (registration upon hire)
- 1+ year working with youth or adults from beginner to advanced levels of fitness experience in a small or large group setting
- CPR & First Aid Certified (or completed immediately upon hire)
- Positive and outgoing with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead a group and command a room without ego.
- Flexibility to work as early as 5:15am and/or end as late as 7:15pm Monday-Friday + rotating Saturday availability.
- Preference given to candidates with specialty program certifications such as Mobility, Gymnastics, Olympic
- Lifting, Nutrition, Non-CrossFit certifications, etc.
Do Not Apply If...
- You want a company that will give you lots of time to get up to speed at an easy pace, or need to be micro-managed
- You’ve never coached group classes of 5+ people in barbell functional fitness movements.
- Your own fitness goals, program, etc. are more important to you than coaching members.
- Dishonesty--in any form--is a common pattern in your life.
We are always looking for great people to join our team! Submit your application today. Email cover letter, resume, and responses to the questions below to Justin@3QFitness.com:
- Why do you want to work at 3Q Fitness CrossFit Garland?
- Why do you feel that you would be a good fit for 3Q Fitness CrossFit Garland?
- Why would someone want you to be his or her Coach?
- What are your career interests, short term (1-3 years) and long term (5 years+) goals?