Our CrossFit gym is seeking a full time General Manager/Head Coach to join an established and growing CrossFit box in west Austin, TX. This is an incredible opportunity to obtain a leadership role with an amazing CrossFit community!
Position Description: The candidate should demonstrate excellent CrossFit coaching, leadership and managerial skills to effectively lead all operational aspects of the CrossFit box (with support and strategic guidance from the Owner(s)). The General Manager will coach athletes of all levels, from beginners to advanced athletes/competitors. The manager/coach should easily connect with a wide variety of people and are effective in helping them reach their full potential. They are expected to be experts at recognizing & teaching CrossFit movements. Ability to deliver excellence to serve our community of members is required.
• 3+ years of functional training as an athlete
• 1+ year full-time CrossFit coach or 2+ years part-time CrossFit coach • CrossFit Level 1, additional certifications desired (CrossFit Level 2, CrossFit Weightlifting, USAW, CrossFit Gymnastics, CrossFit Mobility, etc.)
• Outgoing, warm personality with a focus on professionalism
• Highly desired: 1+ years General Manager/Manager experience
• Lead coaching group classes (target coaching hours will be approximately 15-20 CrossFit classes/week)
• Help cover additional classes as needed
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with current athletes while also focusing on attracting new members and converting prospective members
• Office hours to review programming, respond to emails from members and prospects, update WOD tracking software (Zen Planner), assist with facility organization, attend team meetings, work on projects
• Manage team of part time coaches
• Respond in a timely manner to membership inquiries, provide information about our program and membership options
• Plan and facilitate community and promotional events
• Occasional private coaching sessions for personal training and/or Fundamentals (onboarding)
• Implement programs under the direction of the Owner(s)
• Encouraged and challenged to assist in the development of new programs and services
Full-Time Salary Position - Paid Time Off Company - sponsored continuing education opportunities - The position may offer owners’ equity based on performance and qualifications. Help us grow and become an owner while you’re at it!